Deltha Pharma: Sustainable Supplements
The greatest challenge is not to extend the life, but to expand it – Challenge of ageing healthy. All over the world, there is still an inadequate intake of vitamins and minerals in the diet: only 1 in 10 adults consumes the amount of fruit and vegetables recommended by the guidelines, and it is scientifically proven that supplementing our diet could prevent many diseases.
One example is vitamin D: 100% of the population is deficient in it, and every three seconds a bone breaks due to osteoporosis. Supplementation would reduce the risk by 15%: 186690 osteoporosis-related fractures could be prevented every year.
However, for products to be effective, they must be concentrated sources of quality nutrients, as defined by the Ministry of Health, and therefore have the correct dosage and title.
This is Deltha Pharma’s aim: we want to spread this culture and provide people with effective, innovative, sustainable and top-quality supplements that accompany them throughout their lives.
What does Sustainable mean? We are the first to talk about Sustainable Supplements!
It is since 2022 that Deltha Pharma has added to the goal of profit the topic of Sustainability from an ESG (Enviroment, Social, Governance) perspective, in fact we have enclosed a Sustainability Report in the 2022 Financial Statement.
It is in 2023 that we intend to extend the Sustainability assessment to our products by starting the ‘Sustainable Supplements‘ project!
We are therefore carefully analysing all our existing products from an ESG perspective along the entire supply chain, from raw materials to production and distribution, and assessing their Sustainability score.
We want to ensure products that have:
a positive impact on the whole community: from the people who take them, to the doctors who recommend them, to the pharmacies and wholesalers who sell them, to the company’s employees and internal collaborators, to the local social fabric, supported by various initiatives;
a positive impact on the local economy: because products formulated in this way can improve people’s quality of life, supporting the sustainability of our national health system with repercussions on employment and on the demand for raw materials sourced only in Italy, thus achieving an ethical profit for all company stakeholders;
a positive impact on the environment. A great commitment to the environment has been implemented since 2020 with the ‘Deltha Pharma Green’ project, which has now been superseded by the environmental certification ISO 14001
Deltha Pharma Green Project!
Deltha Pharma is committed to achieving fully sustainable management. This path is characterised by maximum commitment and total transparency in order to realise an Environmental Sustainability Strategy that encompasses every aspect of the company’s activities. The programme, which started on 1st January 2020, includes several changes that affect both daily life in the company and certain aspects of the products.
Regarding the products:
- The leaflets are 100% recycled and recyclable paper.
- Packaging boxes are 70% recycled and 100% recyclable paper.
- The filling packaging is exclusively organic and 100% recyclable material.
- Advertising material, such as data sheets, visuals, and so on is replaced by the same material in non-plasticised, FSC-certified recyclable paper.
- All gadgets are plastic free and as eco-friendly as possible: we use paper pens.
- The company’s R&D department is constantly working to ensure that the raw materials used in the production of the products, as well as all quality certifications, are obtained according to ethical standards and that the final products are also produced in an ethical and sustainable manner.
As for daily life in the company offices:
- The new, super-technological headquarters is geared towards reducing water and energy waste.
- The paper to print is 100% recycled.
- The water and coffee cups are made of paper.
- The coffee pods are compostable.
- The cleaning detergents are all environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- There are waste bins for recycling.
- Finally, all staff are encouraged to practise energy-saving and waste-reducing behaviours that reduce the company’s “carbon footprint”.
- Deltha Pharma contributes to green initiatives to make our planet better and healthier.
“DELTHA PHARMA IS THE PEOPLE” that make it up, which is why for us the values, that cannot be renounced and thus very important, are those that put people at the center:
Honesty and transparency: total absence of deception, lies, subterfuge, integrity of behaviour between all the company’s stakeholders, i.e. between employees, with external collaborators, with the people who use our products, with doctors, with customers, with the social fabric that surrounds us, always, without compromise.
Sustainability: in all environmental, social and governance areas, Sutainability has become the driving force behind everything we do.
Ethics: all employees, suppliers, collaborators dealing with us must strictly adhere to the guidelines of our code of ethics.
The great investment we make in people translates into a product with an extra gear, because happy people work well and produce excellence: that’s why our supplements are of the highest quality, with a scientific base and sustainable.
Deltha Pharma was founded in Rome in 2009, given the growing interest of doctors and pharmacists in the supplement and nutraceutical sector with a list of seven products. Unfortunately, during its first year of activity, Deltha Pharma went through a period of severe crisis that brought it to the brink of bankruptcy, as often happens to small Italian businesses.
In 2011, Eng. Maria Francesca Aceti, a young and courageous chemical engineer, took the reins of the company. By completely changing the modus operandi, recreating a sales network, formulating new innovative products and implementing a debt restructuring, she managed to turn the company’s fortunes around within a year.
Since then, the company has focused only on excellence in the manufacture of its supplements, thanks to which Efficacy and Safety are achieved. Eng. Maria Francesca Aceti, who has made Quality, Safety and Efficacy her motto, is at the helm of a young and dynamic team, made up of various professional figures, committed to the continuous search for new raw materials and the development of natural products that guarantee the highest levels of quality, safety and efficacy, while respecting ethical and moral principles and that are therefore truly beneficial to the well-being of users.
The raw materials are all traceable, of naturally-derived possible, sourced in Italy from companies certified for quality and sustainability; the active ingredients are extracted using innovative techniques that guarantee high bioavailability; the finished product is manufactured in state-of-the-art, fully automated production facilities, certified GMP, HACCP, ISO9001 according to standardised and pre-established procedures, carrying out all quality controls that are regularly certified by competent personnel. All production batches are strictly controlled and analysed for allergens, bacteria and fungi by external companies. This attitude led the company to easily obtain ISO9001 certification for its quality management system.
In Italy, Deltha Pharma works in partnership with Universities and well-known Research Centres for the formulation and validation of products. In fact, in 2020, MASUROTA® has been developed: a line of probiotics patented by the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore as well as formulated and studied by the Policlinico Agostino Gemelli Hospital in Rome.
Today, the company has a strong vocation towards Digitalisation and Sustainability, since 2018 it has started its internationalization process. Today Deltha Pharma products are available in 17 countries around the world, with a highly efficient and digitalised Export Area, which supports our Partners throughout the process of registering and importing products.
In 2022, Deltha Pharma participated, as a founding member, in the creation of the Italian Trade Association ASSOIntegratori, where Eng. Aceti is part of the Ethics Committee, which aims to spread the culture of quality and the correct use of food supplements as a support to the quality of life of the individuals.
Deltha Pharma was founded in Rome in 2009, given the growing interest of doctors and pharmacists in the supplement and nutraceutical sector with a list of seven launch products: Delthason®, Dislicol®, Epatoril®, Glucadel®, Meganet®, Neudel®, Raxiven®.
Maria Francesca Aceti took over the company on the brink of bankruptcy and, by recreating a sales network and formulating innovative new products, turned its fortunes around in a short time.
Deltha Mannosio® and Epatoril Plus® have been launched.
FerroC® is launched.
- Deltha Prost® is born.
- Deltha Pharma has opened up to the international market by incorporating an export area and entering into an agreement with Alibaba.
- The collaboration with the Agostino Gemelli Hospital in Rome resulted in Masurota®, a UCSC patent of which Deltha Pharma is the sole licensee.
- Vitamin D DNatural® is also placed on the market.
- Deltha Pharma signs an agreement with a major distributor in China.
- It joins AICE (Italian Association for Foreign Trade).
- The Meganet® product obtains IFOS 5 STAR certification.
- Deltha Pharma expands and moves its headquarters to a prestigious building purchased in the centre of Rome.
- It also has HACCP, ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certifications.
- Today, we distribute our products in 16 countries worldwide.
- Maria Francesca Aceti, CEO of Deltha Pharma, is included among “The 10 most inspiring CEOs to look out for in 2022” and to whom has been dedicated the cover of the CIO Business Review magazine. She is also recognised among the “Most influential healthcare leaders to watch in 2022” by CXO Outlook magazine.
- Deltha Pharma is listed among the companies “Growth Leaders 2023” (Survey by Statista and Sole24ore) and “Growth Champions 2023” (Study conducted by the German Quality Institute ITQF and La Repubblica Affari & Finanza)
Deltha Pharma decides to increase the liver supplementation line by launching a new product: Epatoril Pro®.
Deltha Pharma signs an Agreement for the distribution in South Korea.