DELTHAmannosio ® 20 Sachets
It is recommended
- to promote urinary tract function
- to improve the body’s natural defences and provide wellbeing of the urinary tract
Delthamannosio is a Food supplements based on D-Mannose, Ribodiet® nucleotides and Cranberry.
Their synergistic action is used to support the body's natural defences in general and the urinary tract in particular.
D-mannose is a monosaccharide that is not metabolized by the body and therefore largely eliminated as such through the urine. For this reason, it is an adjuvant in the resolution of that typical and annoying condition known as cystitis. Cystitis is an inflammation of the bladder, which in a high percentage of cases is caused by facultative anaerobic bacteria that originate from the intestinal flora, such as Escherichia coli. This bacterium has tentacular structures on its surface called fimbriae or pili that can adhere to the epithelial cells of the bladder mucosa. D-mannose interferes with this microbial adhesion mechanism by promoting urinary elimination of the micro-organisms.
Ribodiet's purified nucleotides, the only ones on the market, are recognized in international literature for their usefulness in boosting and supporting the immune system. In addition, Ribolife's activity in rebalancing intestinal microflora, a known and possible contributory cause of cystitis, is well documented.
Cranberry is a botanical ingredient traditionally used in the treatment of urinary infections thanks to its mechanism of action, which is linked to the presence of proanthocyanins, substances capable of inhibiting microbial adhesion to the bladder mucosa. By preventing this attachment, in synergy with D-mannose, bacterial implantation is inhibited.
Delthamannosio® - product strenghts
- Complex of high-dose D-mannose (1000 mg), purified nucleotides and Cranberry titrated in HPLC
- Adjuvant in treating and preventing acute and recurrent cystitis and in counteracting their symptoms
- A natural help to strengthen the natural bladder defenses
- Gluten free
- Lactose free
Product included in the supplement register of the Italian Ministry of Health under the no. 61513
Disclaimer: The information provided represents general information, is not intended to constitute a diagnosis, and in no way replaces medical advice. You should rely on the advice of your doctor and/or a specialised expert.
Composition: 1 sachet
D-mannose 1000 mg
Marsh Cranberry (titrated to 25% PAC in HPLC) 40,00 mg
Nucleotides RIBODIET® 230,00 mg
A complex of high-dose D-mannose, purified RIBODIET® nucleotides and HPLC-titrated cranberry, indicated as an adjunct in the treatment and prevention of acute and recurrent cystitis and to combat its symptoms.
Delthamannosio contains a high dose (1000 mg) of D-mannose, a monosaccharide extracted from larch and birch bark. D-mannose has unique characteristics: it is not metabolized by the body; it is highly soluble and is excreted intact and completely in the urinary tract. As such, it reaches the urinary system in an effective quantity and may create complexes with uropathogenic bacteria, first of all Escherichia Coli, responsible for 90% of cystitis, blocking its ability to adhere and colonize the urinary tract. Thanks to its mechanism of action, it has the advantage of being effective even in the presence of any resistance to antibiotics and can act in synergy with the antibiotics themselves, therefore it is used both as an adjunct in treatment and in preventing cystitis recurrences. Even if it belongs to the class of sugars, Delthamannosio can also be used by diabetic subjects because it is not absorbed systemically.
Cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon)
Delthamannosio contains Cranberry (40 mg) or American cranberry, known to Native Americans for its beneficial action on urinary tract infections, in osteoporosis and as a source of antioxidants. The properties of the Cranberry are due to Proanthocyanins (PACs), polyphenols that inhibit the adhesion of bacteria to the walls of the urinary tract, present in the berries whose dry extract is used. PACs are extracted using HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography), ie by passing the raw material into columns under a pressure of hundreds of atmospheres, managing to achieve a final titration of 25%.
The standardized quantity of active principle allows the anti-adhesive action to be carried out optimally in synergy with D-mannose.
Delthamannosio contains a mixture of purified free nucleotides (230 mg) unique on the market, produced with the patented RIBODIET method (44-48% free nucleotides). In Delthamannosio there are 4 totally-natural purified nucleotides derived from yeast by enzymatic hydrolysis, therefore already in the optimal form for high absorption: AMP (adenosine 5’monophosphate: 13%), GMP (guanosine 5’monophosphate: 15%), CMP ( cytidine 5′ monophosphate: 10%) and UMP (uridine 5’monophosphate: 11%).
Nucleotides are the basic units of nucleic acids DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) and RNA (ribonucleic acid), composed of a sugar with 5 carbon atoms, a purine or pyrimidine nitrogenous base and a phosphate group. It is the presence of the nitrogenous base (adenosine, guanine, cytosine, thymine or uracil) that characterizes the nucleotide. Nucleotides play a central role in all cellular activities, from replication to protein synthesis, to signal transduction mechanisms already in basal conditions and even more in high turnover situations, such as in epithelial tissues and mucous membranes and during inflammatory processes, where the repair of damage and the restitutio ad integrum are more relevant than in normal situations. In addition, nucleotides have shown immunomodulatory properties and ability to rebalance and promote the activity of bacterial flora at the gastrointestinal level, whose alteration (dysbiosis) is often a cause of cystitis.
DELTHAmannosio® is formulated in convenient sachets with a pleasant taste to be taken 1 sachet a day dissolved in a glass of water. It is recommended to empty the bladder before use.
- When is it indicated to take DELTHAmannosio®? The product was developed as an adjuvant for the well-being of the bladder from conditions of infection and inflammation. After emptying the bladder, in order to achieve the highest possible concentration, please dissolve it in a glass of water and take care to keep it in the bladder as long as possible for it to exert its effect. For this reason, one suggestion is to take it before going to bed. The dosage is 1-2 sachets a day (taken together) according to medical advice.
- Is DELTHAmannosio® best taken on a full or empty stomach? It does not affect the activity of the product. It is generally taken before going to bed, but if this time of day causes you to wake up at night to urinate, it can be taken at other times of the day, taking care to empty your bladder beforehand and trying to keep it in your bladder as much as possible
- Does it contain gluten and lactose? No, it doesn’t.
- How long can I take the product consecutively? Various schedules can be implemented according to individual needs and the advice of your doctor who can assess your clinical condition. For example, it is possible to take it continuously for a few months or at intervals (1 week a month, every other month) or directly on the days when urinary manoeuvres such as catheter changes are carried out
- After how long do you see the effects of DELTHAmannosio®? It depends on the starting situation but the activity of the ingredients develops from the first moment they reach the bladder
- I am diabetic, can I take DELTHAmannosio®? Yes, as it is not metabolised and does not affect blood sugar levels despite being a sugar. D-mannose is in fact absorbed and filtered by the kidneys so that it is present in the urine and not used as a nutrient by the tissues
- The powder does not always dissolve well. Is the product damaged? No, the ingredients are still active, it is just an aspect due to normal moisture and storage of the product
- Is DELTHAmannosio® suitable if I take anticoagulants? No. Cranberry can interfere with warfarin so you should consider taking it with your doctor if you are taking clotting medication.